2016 was a wonderful year for me, a lot has happened that made me happy especially having pregnant and giving birth to baby Nao which been such a good highlight of the year 2016.
Now that 2017 has come, as usual I too have made my new year’s resolution just like many other bloggers or even just people in general. But learning from the past, this year I only have a few resolutions that are focusing on the year 2017 while others such as losing 30kg of my weight will be a life time goal.
1. Simply being healthy and fit | I always made loosing weight as my main yearly goals and yet that goals never seem to be accomplished. Whenever I tried to loose weight I always end up gaining more weight than I was before. So this year, I opt for making 2017 the healthiest year that I could ever made. With that said, I would like to have a routine morning walks with my husband and kids. Preferably every single morning. And I would also choose my meal more selectively and avoid the sugary stuff and keep my cholesterol level and uric acid level at normal level or at least the closest. Not only that, being healthy and fit is me trying to keep on an active lifestyle and less sitting on my working desk or at my comfy bed. Because if you know me, you know just how much I love my lazy days. But this year hopefully that will all be change.
2. Live within our means | Minimalism was never my game. Last year I tried to do the minimalism trend, but it was so hard that I ended up binge on kids clothing haul and eating out. So instead, this year I will make the best effort that I could possibly be to only buy stuff or spend money that is within our means. Because last year I was so confused with credit cards that I ended up used quite a fortune just to pay off our debt. This year, I want to make better financial decisions and start decluttering our home space.
3. Spend more quality time with my family | I am such a family person that for me being there for the family is everything. And I am serious about it. I am the kind of person who will be going home for lunch every single day just so I can breastfeed baby Nao in first hand (and that is the truth). But as much as I want to be multi tasking with my family, I realize that since having baby Nao around I don’t spend that much quality time with Rama nor with my hubby. Yes we see each other every single day, and we all sleep in the same room. But I miss the cuddly snuggly time with Rama and hubby. And boy do I miss having free kids date just with hubby on a weekly basis. So looking back, I don’t want to have to do it all like that again. This year, I will make a difference and start having a proper quality time with them. Maybe hubby and I could have a free kids day once or twice a month (for start), and I will make the best effort I can be to start listening and snuggle with Rama after school time/work time. I want to be there with him and am looking forward to have such fun memories with my two kiddos and hubby.
Let’s do our best and hope for the better yet to come in 2017!!
Now that Naomi is 11 weeks old (around two and a half month), I think it’s time to talk about some updates. If you want to know a full update on her, you can check it on my Youtube channel which will be up this week. In this blog though, I wanted to share with you my postpartum update. Some might be the same as with my second pregnancy but some are different.
- Although both labor was performed by a c-section, however this time I have longer healing process, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I’m now 30 and my body shape is bigger compare to prior pregnancy. The pain feels the most during the first two weeks post operation, but now I only feel pain if the operation mark unintentionally scratch by fabric.
- During the first month, my feet got swollen which is something I’m not familiar with. Turns out this is normal. Because when we got pregnant our body retain more water than usual, and once the baby is delivered then all the water went to the bottom of the body which is unfortunately the feet. I don’t know why this wasn’t the case for me before, but this time my feet went humongous starting from the fifth day after labor to approximately a month after.
- I still feel exhausted because the lack of sleep and my sometime weird nursing position. And I don’t think the fact that I’ll be going back for work in less than two weeks would make it easier…not that I want to change all that. But other than that I feel wonderful.
- Lately, after two month postpartum, my joints are aching and sometimes (more often) my fingers are hard to open. Especially during the morning and if I remain doing nothing. I thought for sure that I have a rheumatoid syndrome, which freaks me out. So I browse the web and found postpartum arthralgia. It’s a common thing for women post pregnancy caused by hormone changes. From what I read, some women had it for just a couple of month, but majority have it around six to twelve months. Wish me luck this will soon fade out, because having this while working full time is not going to make it easy.
Nothing quite change, but I did manage to regain my weight prior to having Naomi which means I’ve lost 10 kg in just two months. But the weight from previous pregnancy hasn’t gone at all. Before I was just terrified to loose the weight fearing I might not be able to get pregnant if I suddenly become skinny (as if I could get skinny…hahaha), but now that I have Naomi…I don’t think I have that same excuse anymore. So probably after she’s turning 4 months old I’ll start working out and change my diet plan.
Big brother update
Nobody told me that transitioning to two children is hard. Like real hard. I especially cannot cope (sometime) with the jealousy from the big brother. Really need to learn patience and time management. Believe me you don’t want to mess with the first kiddo.
Mostly sleeping and feed. But Naomi starts to smile back whenever I play with her and she also shows interest to her baby gym mattress. Love love love when she calls me out today, she was looking for my attention with cooeing…awww that really made my day. The feeling of being wanted from a baby, is just priceless. I win big with both my child. Then I guess it’s just coping time now, and enjoy the last two weeks of my giving birth leave. I wish they give us six to a year worth of leave here in Indonesia just like in some countries. Or better yet, I wish I’m in the condition where I have the freedom to just grab the bait, take that big jump and pursue my dream as a stay at home working mum. Maybe in a few years…maybe…ameen!!
So probably some might be questioning where have I been the past couple of months. A lot has happened, mostly fun stuff. Starting from April where we had our annual family vacation (will put on a different post soon), and then the re-marriage of Bowie’s father, and just coping up with our current pregnancy (now 35 weeks).
Gak kerasa udah nyaris waktunya ngelahirin, meskipun udah nyiapin beberapa barang dan baju untuk kelahiran si kecil tapi kayaknya masih ada beberapa barang yang perlu di siapin.
In terms of our pregnancy updates, here are some of the highlights:
- Sejak usia kehamilan memasuki 30 minggu otot perut mulai terasa meregang dan mudah cramping. Kata dokter ini masih normal, asalkan tidak diikuti dengan rasa mulas berlebihan ataupun kontraksi yang terus menerus.
- I almost got hospitalised for a day, karena tiba-tiba perut terasa sakit dan dilakukan CTG (CardioTocoGraphy) untuk memeriksa kondisi jantung, kontraksi dan gerakan si adek. That day I took three times of CTG since morning until dawn. Resulted in: lack of movement from the baby. Diagnosa awal kekurangan oksigen, tapi setelah diminta kembali keesokan harinya untuk melakukan another CTG dan sudah diminta tidur miring kiri serta tidak banyak melakukan kegiatan fisik akhirnya si adek mulai responsif lagi terhadap rangsangan untuk bergerak.
- Karena berat badan si adek di perut sempat kurang, dokter menyarankan untuk mengkonsumsi susu ibu hamil (pregnancy milk) dua kali sehari pagi dan malam. I picked prenagen in vanila flavor. Syukurlah setelah dua minggu mengkonsumsi dengan telaten akhirnya berat badan si adek sudah sesuai dengan usia kandungan.
- Di usia kandungan 32 minggu, posisi si adek masih sungsang (a position where the baby’s head is still not where it should be). Tapi kata dokter ini juga belum jadi suatu concern karena si adek masih bisa berputar-putar dengan kondisi badannya sekarang. Kami masih akan dipantau sampai dengan usia kandungan memasuki 36 minggu untuk tau bisa tidaknya melahirkan normal nanti.
- Nafsu makan besar, tapi perut gak muat banyak.
- It’s getting more and more difficult for me to just walk for 10-15 mins because I get exhausted easily.
Well, that’s about it for my 30 to 35 weeks pregnancy updates. Please be sure to comeback to my web for newborn list essentials and our annual family vacation post.
Thank you for coming and I hope you’ll enjoy.